With the advent of internet and leaps in technology, many businesses have ditched the traditional brick-and-mortar stores and completely shifted their operations online by establishing virtual offices. Being a bustling hub of commercial activities and the forefront of 21st century inventions and modernity, it is suitable to establish your business in Dubai with a virtual office before establishing a traditional one. Since they allow business activities to continue without the hassle of managing a traditional office, virtual office space for lease in Dubai are favored by entrepreneurs and small scale businesses which have recently been established.
A Virtual Office in Dubai allows you to conduct almost the same business activities and offer services to customers without managing a traditional office. It does not require a permanent physical address and business activities can be managed outside of it.
Traditional offices rely on brick-and-mortar setup in which property is required to build an office for managing the business. It supplies a permanent address with employees working at the site instead of freelancing or from another location.
Traditional Office vs Virtual Office
The long-standing debate remain – which is better; traditional office or virtual office? Let us analyze both to determine which is more suited for business.
- Saves Resources: Instead of investing in leasing property and developing a complete office, you can redirect funds towards business. Instead of hiring employees for each and every aspect (reception, clerks, etc.) you can streamline and make do with core workers.
• Timings that suit you: Timings are suitable since there are no restrictions on when to work as long as work is delivered on deadline.
• Work from where you want to: While a certain location for virtual office has to be stated, work can be conducted and managed from any location.
- Technological Constraints: Depending on the hardware and software resources at hand, your work can be compromised.
• Lack of Physical Location: Customer trust is somewhat harder to earn without a solid proof of identity.
• Little Social Interaction: Teams thrive with interaction and communication, which is reduced in virtual offices.
- Readily Available Resources: An established office boasts a complete set of resources ranging from in-house workers to conference rooms.
• Enhanced Customer Interaction and Trust: Customers have greater trust in business, seeing their physical address.
• Easier for Employees to Communicate
- Location becomes a Deciding Factor: Interested parties often check business location before their next move. Since virtual offices can place addresses in prime locations, traditional offices come to a disadvantage.
• High Costs: Cost of management and expenditure for upkeep is comparatively high.
• Increased Management: The added functionality of the office requires greater management, which can become a burden.
Which Suits Best?
While traditional and virtual offices offer their share of pros and cons, choosing the right choice ultimately depends on the nature of business and objectives. While virtual offices do provide a keen edge for startups, traditional offices are better suited for managing long-term activities.